So, I'm sure there are a few of you who want to edit the wiki, but are not sure what my guidelines is. Well, really, neither am I. But I can lay down a few things.
What NOT to do:
- Copy everything directly from the DC or Marvel wikis. That isn't what this wiki is about.
- Create pages or links relating to character who are not playable or NPCs. If I've mentioned that I'm going to make them, then links are okay.
- Make every single reference of a character/place/thing into a link.
- Make infoboxes. You can request that these be made, though.
- Delete other people's work.
- Edit things that aren't stubs. (NOTE: Not all stubs are marked as such)
- Make every reference of the character/place/thing that the page is of's name bold.
- Create pages of anything that's non-existant.
What to do:
- Shorten any of a character/place/thing's history as much as you can while writing. Do not include any unnecessary facts. (For good short versions, reference Brickipedia's superheroes' "Background" sections or the disambiguation pages on the DC or Marvel wikis.)
- Fix typos.
- Contact me (Fradwasere) before editing anything. Not everything is based on the comics, nor is everything based on the cinematic universe(s).
- Practice editing! I suggest starting by editing your userpage.
- For writing on stubs: After what is already written, go down a line and select the
writing style. This almost always contains "History". In the next line, use sub-heading 2. This will usually say either "Origin" or "Early life" depending on the character. Sub-heading 2 will also interject at different "chapters" of the person's life.
- Always state what you did in the edit summary when you're done.
- Look at Batman's page for an example of how Headings, sub-headings, etc. should be used.
Well I'm sure there's more, but for now just contact me for any additional information. It is suggested that you use the wiki chat while editing, if I'm online, and give me a play-by-play.
I'll probably add some stuff to this in the future.
-Frad, Batman of USHU